Sunday, April 25, 2010

Finally, a Pigging-Out Day

After being on a diet for the photo shoot, it is time to let the glutton in me out! No chili, no curry, no burger, no fried food, etc... Man! That was difficult!

As the photo shoot concluded yesterday, I told hubby that I have already know what I want today to open my fast... Which is the yummy, tasty banana leaf! I get to have curry and fried stuff both at one go!

The only place I will ever go for banana leaf is my old time favorite - Nirvana Maju in Bangsar.

Restoran Nirvana Maju in Bangsar

We were there at 12.30pm, and was already blardy crowded! I went to get a place while hubby parked his car in Bangsar Village. People were standing at corners of almost all table waiting for patrons to finish their food and leave so that they can grab the table instantly.

Ordered 2 sets of Vegetarian Banana Leaf. Had on dhal and fish curry on my rice! Curry, I've missed you!

My beloved Banana Leaf

This is my ultimate favourite! I've loved these fried bitter gourd the first time I tasted them years ago! Until now, it has always been on my top favourites!

Fried Bitter Gourd *luvs*

I'm normally pleased and satisfied with my Vegetarian Banana Leaf, as long as I have my Fried Bitter Gourd. But hubby needs to have side dishes. So, I leave it to him to decided what to add.

One of the side dishes, Fried Sotong. They have a freezer of marinated food. Just picked what you want, and they will fry it and serve it. Hubby prefers this than to choose those dishes that are already cooked.

Fried Sotong

Another add-on dish is Fried Chicken. Every time after hubby orders this, he will complain that it doesn't taste as good. He complains that they overfried it and it's too dry. I agree.

Fried Chicken

This is a must-have - Fried Fish. Not spicy, but has taste of spices and herbs just enough to make it tasty!

Fried Fish

I wanted to have more fried bitter gourd but hubby says no... Sigh. So much for binge eating. Fine... I don't wanna deal with acne problem later too hahaha.
The total for our scrumptious meal - RM32.20.

As it was a day of pigging out as a reward for completing our photo shoot, we continued our pigging out session in Haagen-Dazs. It's time for dessert!

Hubby picked his favourite and only choice - Rum & Raisin, while I went for the Green Tea. This is absolutely divine! After the hot and spicy meal from banana leaf, what better way to finish off with cool, heavenly serving of chilled ice-cream down our throats.

Haagen-Dazs' Rum & Raising and Green Tea

Since we had our dessert there, one of the waiters served us this sample of their latest creation - Chocolate Orange. This is recommended to choc lovers.

Haagen-Dazs' Chocolate Orange

It was definitely a day of indulgence, and food that pleased my tummy. I've longed for this day for ages, and finally... I got what I want. Now, that is what I call "Paradise".

*Disclaimer: The views expressed here are based entirely on our personal experiences and tastebuds. We also declare that we have not receive any monetary or non-monetary compensation from this place for expressing our thoughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment