Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh cupcakes!

This is my first cupcake baking experience. LOL I know! After baking for so many years, this is actually the first time I have my hands on baking this. Maybe previously cupcakes were not that much of a hit, and that's why I have not thought of baking it. Even after moving into this new place of ours, I've always put off baking cupcakes because hubby has never been a fan of cupcake. Even cupcakes that I brought from Cupcake Chic or any cupcakes from a bakery, he will never take a bite!

But I can't fight the urge anymore! Everytime I see these pretty little cupcakes, I get excited to bake it cos I wanna decorate it with the topping. So, during my Xmas break, I grabbed the chance and bake my first cupcake.

Being a newbie, I've decided to bake the very basic Vanilla Cupcake, and the topping is just the another basic, which is the butter icing. And after being in the kitchen for 2 hours, here they are!

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Vanilla Cupcake with Butter Icing

Just for fun, I'm gonna post a picture of my "nude" cupcakes LOL! These are the cupcakes baked fresh from the oven without any topping or decoration. Look at how plain and boring they look!
But after the topping, it gives it a whole new different look. So much prettier!

"Naked" cupcakes fresh from oven

I had so much fun baking this, but I don't think I'll be baking cupcakes anytime soon. Hubby only took one and that was after I forced him to try it. I guess cupcakes really are not his thing.


Now, I'm so excited to bake another round of cookies.


Hmm it's a date then! With Mr. Oven and Ms. Kitchen tomorrow!


0 comments:

Post a Comment