Thursday, May 27, 2010

Souvenirs from Malacca

Well, I'm suppose to post the best food in Malacca, but I have not edited the pictures yet, and it will do no justice to the absolutely scrumptious food if I do it halfheartedly.

So I only have time to edit these pictures, which are the food and souvenir that I bought from their well-known shop, San Shu Gong. The outlet that we went to was at the Pahlawan Shopping Mall.

San Shu Gong

One of the items I got from there is the Durian Jam. I bought this because this is the first time I've seen it. Never before I heard about durian jam. Curious, I bought it home and purposely bought a loaf of bread to go with it. I found this jam to be very weird... the durian taste is not as strong as I thought it would be. All there is is the sweetness in the jam.

Durian Jam

Another item I bought from there is this Satay Shrimps. According to Xian Bin, this goes very well with food as an extra taste, especially for instant noodles! I have not try it so far, but will do so ASAP to prove Xian Bin's words of wisdom!

Satay Shrimps

At the shop, the employees there set up a sampling booth. I wasn't keen on trying it, but Alan tried it and instantly bought it. So, I gave it a try and really love it! I persisted hubby to try, which he did, and he bought it right away.

Sample testing

There were 2 flavors, and we bought this. We have to mix it with hot water, dilute it well, and add ice or chill it, then serve it. Best served chill! Yummy! And apparently, it helps with the controlling the heat in our body.

Essence Lime with Liquorice

We heard that the pineapple tarts in Malacca are very flavorsome. So we bought these from Jonker Street. It is as good as the rumors has it! The pineapple flavor were very distinct.

Pineapple Tarts

I'll try to edit the best food that I've discovered in Malacca and definitely post it up. The food is really worth everything in the world, this I promise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment