Monday, September 28, 2009

Mooncake

It is the Mid-Autumn Festival, or better known as Moon Festival (中秋節). This is one of favourite celebrations in the Chinese calendar. I love how the story behind this festival, and the mooncake! When I was young, my family used to have mooncake and other tidbits with nice, warm tea. We will enjoy the night together and we will play the candles and lanterns. It brings so much family bonding and togetherness that I cherish till today.

I was never a fan of mooncake until what happened to my family. After what happened to my family, I realised the only way I can enjoy the Mid-Autumn Festival is to have mooncake. At least it brings back some good ol' memories.

The other day, I was hit with the sudden urge to have mooncake, and Pavilion was selling it. I love the varieties of mooncake offered by Baker's Cottage, and grabbed one after work!


Check out the box - It's so creative!


There wasn't much choice in Pavilion, so I took what was best left.


Vincent ordered 3 boxes from Tai Thong to be given to my parents and his auntie.


The mooncakes from Baker's Cottage is really my favourite. I like to eat it and then go with a nice warm cup of tea. Best way for me to unwind!

0 comments:

Post a Comment