Saturday, April 3, 2010

Highly anticipated event - Wedding gown trial is tomorrow!

Current mood:
  1. Nervous;
  2. Anxious;
  3. & definitely f**king excited!

It is finally my wedding gown trial for my wedding photo shoot tomorrow! Gosh! This kinda feel surreal! Going to the bridal studio (BS) tomorrow kinda officially awaken my senses the "I'm-finally-getting-married" chapter - for this year, at least.

The appointment is at 3pm tomorrow. 3 of my girlfriends will be helping me on the selection of the bridal gowns. I know most brides advise to go for gown trial as early as possible, but for this BS, they have only 1 photographer (PG). So there is absolutely no reason for me to panic and act like a kiasu in this matter.

Question here is, what gown am I expecting, and which should I get that best fit my body shape?

Gowns are categorized in massive number of categories! Endless. Anyhow, I have been looking at wedding gowns, and really love these.

Neckline:
a) Off-shoulder - So chic yet classic

b) Square - Gives a very classic Victorian-elegant look.

c) Sweetheart - Gives the enough emphasis on the chest area

Silhouette:
a) Trumpet/Mermaid - I lurve the way these dresses accentuate the womanly curve.

b) Princess - A classic design

c) Ball gown - Very princess-y feeling. This is prolly the only time in my life I can feel like this.

d) Front slit - Sexayy!

Embellishment:
a) Ruffles - Look at how it instantly adds a heighten definition of enchantment!

Fabric:
a) Lace lace lace! It creates the dreamy-romantic look.

b) Tulle. One word - G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S!

Hemline:
a) Knee-length - Most gowns are long. I would wanna have one that is short.

Train:
a) Fishtail - Nice flare at the back

b) Semi-cathedral - Just enough to have a train and be comfortable

Color:
a) There must be a little bit of black. Lovvee the contrast between white and black;

b) And also cream and black.
These are some of the gown designers I admire:
a) Maggie Sotero

b) Demetrios

c) And of course, Vera Wang:

I can only hope I will look good, if not stunning (perasan wei) in my gowns. It's once in a lifetime anyways!

*All pictures credited to brides.com

4 comments:

uLi.佑莉 said...

Wah, you really did alot of homework which is very good ^^ Hope you can get what you wanted in the BS :)

Steanie Tai said...

Fxxking excited, haha.. I like this description lol..

All the best ! Choose the gowns that can represent your beau and cool personality, hehe..

Michelle Y said...

@uLi
Hahaha I just like looking at fashion online. Most of my time spent online is looking at fashion.
Thanks! And I did get some of what I want!

@Steanie
*Pai seh* I use foul languages only once a while hahaha!
Must also find a gown that makes me slimmer hahaha!

Steanie Tai said...

Hehe.. I say fxxx too, also once a while hehe..

Btw, are you inviting lablue to your september wedding dinner? Let us know, wana start checking for flight, both yours and uli's wedding dinners.. :)

Post a Comment